Proudly Serving Rome, Camden, Whitesboro, Yorkville, and Oneida
Call for a Consultation 888.913.3992
Experienced & Dedicated Representation

Court Order Enforcement in New York

If your ex-spouse is not honoring a child support, spousal support, child custody, or visitation schedule, you need to take action. These are court-mandated plans that cannot be ignored. If your ex is refusing to submit to the court-ordered provisions of your divorce decree, he or she is in violation of the law. At the Law Office of Diane Martin-Grande, we are able to assist you in discussing this situation with the court. We want to ensure compliance that will be better for your children and your future. Allow us to ensure compliance by petitioning in the courts on your behalf.

Defense for Spouses Falsely Accused of Failing to Maintain Court Orders

There are also situations where you may be falsely accused by your ex of failing to maintain court orders. Bitter spouses may want to get revenge by taking you to court, even if you have been faithful to make payments or honor agreements. In order to avoid these disputes, it is best to document all transactions. Every time that you pay spousal support or child support, make a copy of the check or record the transaction and the date that it was completed. Also, make sure to make notes of when you drop the children off in child custody cases and when you pick them up. Document visitation pickups and drop-offs as well.

Representing Clients in Court Order Enforcement Cases

The courts are adamant about making sure that divorcees comply with the orders that were laid out in their divorce agreement. If you are accused of failing to comply with an order, don't hesitate to contact the firm right away to seek assistance.

If you are the paying spouse and you are unable to make payments any more due to job loss or a medical condition, you may want to consider requesting a modification of child support or spousal support. If you can effectively argue that you are unable to afford the costs of these monthly payments due to a significant change in circumstances, the court may honor this modification.

Call a Rome divorce attorney today to discuss your unique case and the possible solutions!

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.